Sturm und drang. So throw me a donut.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Junk Food for Dinner

Take in the simple beauty that was my dinner yesterday:
 
 
 

 
 
 


This is my dinner today in celebration of National Hotdog Day. Notice the artistic presentation of food and tableware, perched on my cheap stove, so that I can continue to cook tasty tidbits for my family. I chose a lower-carb combination of classic American food by eating the haute dogs without the customary buns (plus, it's 150 degrees outside, with the humidity hovering somewhere around "instantly drown if you take a deep breath" so I'm not going to the grocery store to buy the damn buns). The mystery meat cost me $.88 for the package, breaking down to $.11 per haute dog. The potato salad was specially made in a factory somewhere in Texas, no doubt by migrant labor that Republicans tell us are taking jobs away from law abiding citizens, but the price was GREAT. That little blob of mustard-y, potato-y goodness cost me about $.15. I anticipate that if I eat this kind of food once per day for the rest of my life, I will live to be 120 years old as I preserve myself from the inside out with all the additives and chemicals. Better health through better chemistry!

Sometimes, I just want to eat junk.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment