Sturm und drang. So throw me a donut.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Really Bad Poem for Christmas.

Twas the night before the night before Christmas
and all through the apartment
people are loafing
and refusing to work.

The recipes are hung
from the kitchen cabinets with great care
taped up in the hopes that
someone will get off their lazy butt
and start to prepare

for the guests who will arrive
tomorrow night at five
and expect to eat until
midnight at least
because that is what the holidays are all about!

This morning at six
I was at the grocery store
ready to shop for food on my list
when what to my wondering eyes should appear
but a man with his pants
hanging off of his rear!

But I didn't let that deter me
from the business at hand,
I filled my cart up with food-
bottled, fresh and canned.

When I reached the checkout stand
the poor checkout girl in the red shirt
was barely awake and
frightfully curt.

As I swiped my card and
punched the buttons to pay
I gave her some advice to
brighten her day:

You could be at my place
scrubbing the floors
or taking out garbage or
folding laundry that's not yours

but instead you are here
brightening my day
because you are helping me buy food
to make for my buffet.

I bought her a Red Bull and
wished her a Merry Christmas
and then hauled my food home
to get back to the business

of tomorrow night's party
where we'll all eat and drink
and have lots of fun...
all because it's Christmas
and that's how it's done.





No comments:

Post a Comment