Sturm und drang. So throw me a donut.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Don't know much about math

If I had to go to high school today, I'd flunk out. I'd be that kid in the back of the room flipping sharp pencils at the ceiling tiles until they stuck...all in a frantic bid to GET KICKED OUT OF CLASS. I can write papers, write stories, read history books, even do pretty well in geology and zoology. But if you introduce lots of numbers and complex equations, I am lost. I cannot see numbers in my head. I have to write equations down over and over again, and it's only after doing every variation of an equation for, like, a million years that I might - MIGHT - retain it long enough to take a test.

When my kids need help HELP HELP! with math, I cringe and google whatever they don't get and pray that I can find the answer online. The hot web page for tonight is: Chemistry math stuff for Dummies like YOU

Thank you Al Gor....Uh, no...Thank you Vinton Cerf and Tim Berners-Lee for the interwebs!  See, I know something useful. I googled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment